Friday, December 14, 2007

Bourne vs. Bauer

My roommate Nathaniel is hopelessly in love with Jason Bourne. I think most people I know are, and for good reason. I have to admit, he is pretty darn cool... and I would LOVE to suddenly realize I'm a government agent with all these cool abilities that make me basically indestructible. I remember the first time I watched The Bourne Identity and Bourne wiped out those three German cops pretty much out of instinct!... now that rocked!

Maybe only a few others would agree with me, but you know what... I just don't think Bourne holds a candle to Jack Bauer. Maybe it's just me: 122 hours of Bauer and Palmer and Chapelle and Nina and terrorist conspiracies and multiplot craziness (sometimes nine scenarios at the same time) has created my bias. Bourne just hasn't earned my attention anymore, especially with the director's ever-shaking filming techniques! Yes Bourne is cool, but Bauer beats Bourne!

Bauer also beats beets and Battlestar Galactica!

2 comments:

Rachel Eve said...

The first time I saw Jason Bourne in action I seriously thought he was some kind of indistructable crazy robot. But no, he's just awesome!

And I like Jack Bauer too.

Wait...I thought Nathaniel WAS Matt Damon?

Dallen said...

Nathaniel IS Matt Damon, but he still hasn't got the spice or intensity of Jack Bauer. Have you ever seen Bauer interrogate a man? ...I just don't think Nathaniel could stomach something so awesome!